About Dave Giles
Dave is an economics engineer and business consultant with decades of international experience in power generation, power transmission, strategic operations, and technology in the business sector. While working abroad Dave held many senior engineering, consulting, and strategic management positions with the largest oil company in the world, Saudi Aramco (formerly ARAMCO: ARabian – AMerican Oil COmpany) in Refining & Distribution, Manufacturing, Supply & Transportation, Information Technology, and Pipeline Operations.
Dave is an international businessman who served as Executive Advisor / Consultant to the Saudi Oil Minister and President of Saudi Aramco. He served as a consultant to Wells Fargo corporate and founded Federal Firearms of Arizona.
After returning to the States, Dave served as a professional consultant for Wells Fargo’s corporate offices in Chandler and Scottsdale. In that position for several years, he provided financial and technical consulting services to their Technology Information Group.
Dave has Earned:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering – Rochester Institute of Technology
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Drexel University
- Commercial Instrument Pilot (Land & Sea) and the Citation Jet CE500 Type Rating
- Master of Arts in Theology – Living Word University and Life Christian University
- Multiple Technical Certifications from Novell, Microsoft, and Institute of Industrial Research
- Rescue Diver Certification – Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI)
- Life Member—National Rifle Association (NRA)
- Member—Sons of American Legion
- Member—American Legion Riders
- Member—Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA)
- Member—Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA)
- Member—Society of Information Management (SIM)
- Member—Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Past Windsurfing Fleet Captain—Aramco Saudi Arabia
- Volunteer at Living Word Bible Church
- Volunteer for Congressman Matt Salmon
- Volunteer for Gilbert American Legion Post 39
Dave knows first-hand the struggles families face and what it means to struggle just to meet the most basic of needs. A can of SPAM for dinner or hot dogs was not uncommon.
Dave’s parents instilled in him family values, loyalty, and duty to country. His father dropped out of school to volunteer for World War II, earning nine battle stars and multiple ribbons for serving in the Pacific. Dave’s parents were recognized by Pope St. John Paul II on the occasion of their 50th wedding anniversary as well as President Bush. They were married for more than 62 years. Dave’s parents are deceased, and they are both buried in Arlington National Cemetery.